With 40 years’ experience of modular construction, our Manufacturing and Development Centre, situated adjacent to the deep water port of Immingham and with a private access to Immingham Dock, provides services utilising modern, well-equipped workshops and provides the following facilities and services:
- Dedicated to the manufacture and assembly of piping systems, steelwork, EC&I and modules
- Have the space to deal with multiple packages of work for our clients
- Allow us the flexibility to construct and secure storage of multiple modules prior to delivery onsite for installation
Our constructed modules vary in size and have been transported within the UK and to worldwide locations.
Typical module sizes
Road transported: 5m wide x 4.2m high x 25m long
Sea transported: 16m wide x 20m high x 45m long, weighing up to 2,000 tonnes
Module types constructed
- Pre-assembled unit/racks (PAU/PAR)
- Dressed vessel (DRV)
- Skid units
- Trial assembly and dis-assembly for transportation
- Structural steel and plate work assemblies
- Piping systems
Prior to site installation, we manage all of our clients’ requirements for electrical and instrumentation utilising our in-house expertise. Protective coatings, insulation and fireproofing, testing and commissioning including full Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and packaging for transport.
Our experienced team at our Manufacturing and Development Centre manage the logistical operation of transportation of units for site installation, whether by road or sea.
Cost and schedule benefits
Many of our clients have benefited from our ability to work efficiently using highly skilled multi discipline resources in an off-site controlled environment. Such processes reduce construction and site time in addition to minimising costs. Using one organisation to manage and construct modular units can be hugely beneficial to the schedule and efficiency of a successful project.