Create a 3D Point Cloud to the accuracy of 3mm, in a fraction of the time taken by manual surveying
Our state-of-the-art 3D scanning technology enables engineers to accurately and efficiently survey complex areas containing steelwork, pipework, buildings, equipment and cable runs to an accuracy of 3mm.
Multiple scans are taken outside and stitched together using specialist software. The resulting Point Cloud contains all data collected, represented by billions of dots. By selecting the appropriate elements, designers can produce highly accurate 3D images and models without the need to return to site.
Not only does laser scanning provide more comprehensive and accurate data than previously possible, but the work can also be done in a fraction of the time with no need for the humble tape measure.
The 3D software can produce:
- A scan covering up to a 120m radius
- A 3D Point Cloud accurate to 3mm
- A photo 3D overlay
The benefits of the 3D software are:
- Accurate 3D model processed directly from the Point Cloud
- Accurate “as built” layout drawings for areas where none are available
- Easy incorporation of new plant and equipment designs onto existing operational sites
- Significant reduction in scaffold and access requirements
- Reduced onsite survey time