We focus on major hazards impacting safety, the environment or business continuity, our goal of process safety management is to develop plant systems and processes to prevent accidents, explosions, fires and toxic releases.
HAZID and HAZOP study packages
Hazard Identification (HAZID) is carried out in the early stages of a project, aiming to identify significant hazards and external factors potentially affecting process, and employ safeguards to reduce those risks.
Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP) are the primary analysis method in the energy, chemical and process industries, identifying deviations from the design intent and the potential consequences of such.
For existing plant and processes, a HAZOP may also be employed as part of a periodic systems review.
- Appointment of an IChemE trained HAZOP chairperson, scribe and specialist engineers to carry out studies.
- A preferred location to suit our clients’ requirements.
- Technical engineers to develop solutions to actions raised.
DSEAR (ATEX) and Hazardous Area Classification (HAC)
The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR) protects workers from the risks posed by dangerous substances which could lead to fire and explosion.
Dangerous substances are found in nearly all workplaces, and can include solvents, paints, varnishes, flammable gases, dusts from machine and sand operations or foodstuffs.
- Risk assessment of workplace according to the requirements set out by DSEAR.
- DSEAR awareness training.
- Design and implementation of measures to reduce DSEAR-outlined risk in the workplace.
Control of Major Accidents and Hazards (COMAH)
The COMAH regulations aim to prevent major accidents, as well as limit the effects on people and the environment if one were to occur.
The are two categories of COMAH application, while lower-tier includes a major accident prevention policy (MAPP), upper-tier requires an additional safety report submitted to the Competent Authority.
We assist with COMAH submissions and ongoing compliance.
- COMAH notification when entering lower-tier
- Assistance in gaining Hazardous Substances Consent from local authorities
- Preparation of the MAPP
- COMAH Safety Report preparation and 5-yearly review
- Preparation of the MAPP
- A report on foreseeable major accidents, likelihood and consequences
- Development of procedural measures to prevent major accidents
- Compilation and assessment information on safety measures
- Environmental assessment
- Preparation of a site emergency plan