ENGIE Fabricom can provide wind turbine inspections involving written and photographic documentation from the confined space below the divers’ hatch up to the nacelle.
Our services are carried out in accordance with the written scheme requirements during the lifespan of the wind turbine.
The engineering inspections are included both pre and post-installation of elastomeric bearings during the remedial repair of grout slippage.
The internal and external inspections include
- All ladders, monopole, platforms, hook on points and bolts
- Paint inspection to NORSOK M501 standards
- Lighting systems
- Earthing and lightning protection
- Set up of a rescue system for lower confined space entry
- Internal J-tube (hang-off flange on airtight deck)
- Internal J-tube wires in the confined space under divers hatch
- Internal water pH results and water level movement
- External cathodic protection measurements
- Compilation of all results for the production of a detailed report
We have proven track record of working on a wide range of painting and inspection projects on substations and wind turbines around the UK over the past 5 years.
As with our inspections, wind turbine painting projects are completed in accordance with NORSOK M501. We utilise our own in-house teams to ensure full control over all aspects of work, and our portfolio includes rope access, erecting and working from scaffold platforms.
Project specific stages typically include
- Management and coordination of the painting works
- Purchase of all paint and consumables
- Compile RAMS, procedures and documentation
- Training coordination of resources
- Site set-up including welfare facilities
- Water wash and salt-test
- WFT and final DFT checks
- Final handover inspection reports
- Full turn key project ownership from start to finish