Substation Electrical, Commissioning and Handover
ENGIE Fabricom UK has maximised international links within the wider ENGIE group to form strong partnerships with specialist divisions within Europe. One such alliance is with ENGIE Fabricom Belgium, where specialist teams are engaged to work in partnership with UK employees to complete electrical and mechanical works on onshore and offshore facilities. The specialist skills held by these teams ensure a seamless transition from onshore works through to the final offshore installation of a project.
Work is carried out throughout the UK for various clients, and predominantly involves the full range of works on electrical systems, from design, fabrication and installation, through to commissioning and final handover to the client. Project teams are mobilised at one of ENGIE Fabricom’s locations in the UK or Belgium to ensure full familiarisation and understanding before offshore works commence.
Project specific stages may include:
- Substation design and fabrication
- Management of all commissioning, electrical & mechanical resources
- Provision of training, onshore support, logistics, PPE and tooling
- Carrying out punch list items both in Belgium and through to the offshore phase
- Recording all punch list and commissioning works for hand over and tractability
- Procurement of materials for and on behalf of the client
- Completion of commissioning works and sign off with the client
- Carrying out testing on LV systems with sign off
- Walking down lines with the client as part of the thorough hand over process
- Final clean up and handover of substation to the client