ENGIE Fabricom Internal Sacrificial Anode Installation plus Inspection
The internal sacrificial anode installation plus inspection project within the Lynn and Inner Dowsing offshore wind farm was awarded to ENGIE Fabricom due to their extensive knowledge and experience within this industry. This major project enabled us to work closely with our client to develop the installation method below the divers hatch to enable the anodes to be placed within the internal water.
This campaign consisted on travelling in and out of the port of Grimsby each day on transfer vessels.
The internal sacrificial anode installation plus inspection project consisted of the following work:
- Set up a rolling total of 10 foundations with all equipment, components and safety access & egress
- Install a new ventilation system under the divers hatch within the confined space
- Paint and paint inspection to NORSOK M501 standards
- Engineering inspections in all 54 foundations to review the previous 2012 grout campaign
- Install internal anodes in all 54 foundations in accordance with the developed installation procedure
- Inspect the final installed ventilation system and anodes and sign off
- De-mobilise all the equipment from the foundation back to the onshore base